Thursday 24 November 2011

Ping G15 Series

Are you a G-Man or an i-guy? Ping offers two drivers -ping g15 driver - for different preferences and skill levels. The G15 is an easy-to-hit, high-launch, lower-spin version of 2008's successful G10 driver. What's improved is the rearward weighting that helps get the ball airborne very easily. The i15 has an internal fade bias as well as lower spin and a hosel that is farther from the face. That means greater workability for lower-handicap golfers. Ping G15 Hybrid was as easy a driver to get off the tee as I recall ever hitting. An elongated face provides a sweet spot that covers the mi****s of most golfers. Heel and toe hits were not greatly penalized and most of my tee shots ended up in the short grass with only a small loss of distance on mi****s. If you have a tendancy to be inconsistent off the tee, Ping G15 Irons should be just the ticket. I found the stock shaft to be well-balanced and matched up well with additional weight Ping has put into the head of the G15. The only concern might be that the ball could launch too high. However, Ping has lowered the spin rate of the head, which provided some extra roll, I found.While it was easy being the G-Man, I wondered if I had what it takes to be the "i-guy." As a mid-handicapper, I was a bit concerned that the imposing look of the titanium-carbon head would prove to be for accomplished golfers only. The result? Wow! The sound was a solid, pleasing "thwack." The trajectory was a well-behaved bomb. I recruited a low-handicap golfer in my foursome who was easily able to work the ball both directions. He also commented positively about the pleasing launch trajectory as well as the solid sound - something that can't be overlooked.

No comments:

Post a Comment