Tuesday 6 December 2011

G15 Hybrid Discussions

The compact shape of the Ping g15hybrid's 17-4 stainless steel head is much shorter in length (from face to back) than most other fairway wood-inspired hybrids. Instead, think of this Ping g15 hybrid as being more like a driving iron, similar to the hybrids made popular by Adams. The intention of this design is to make the player set up to hit this Ping g15 hybrid the same way they would with a regular iron.
Perimeter weighting is provided by a large internal toe pad in order to provide forgiveness and assists in locating the center of gravity low and close to the face for a high launch and low spin. In fact, PING is calling the Ping g15 hybrid their longest and most forgiving hybrid to date, thanks to the previously mentioned toe pad.

Though the Ping g15 hybrid as mentioned did have a look very similar to an iron at address, it's still an extremely easy club to hit.
It's as if that no matter what part of the Ping g15 hybrid face makes contact with the golf ball, the gold ball will fly straight. The head just stays so solid and firm at impact, very little distance or accuracy is lost on miss-hits.
It's sometimes hard to tell, but there is a slight difference in the feel you get when you catch a shot off the toe or the heel for instance, as opposed to the centre of the face. So you do still know when you haven't caught a shot just right, even if it looks fine in the air.
Getting the ball up and airborne with the Ping g15 hybrid is almost as easy as it's going to get in this type of club. Whether it's off the tee or the deck, the 23 degree model tested got the golf ball up so quickly almost every time, with a resultant soft landing as well.
Ping g15 hybrid Discussion
Hit my G15 17 degree with TFC 149 stiff today for the first time on the range. I was really impressed. SUPER Long, straight, and very forgiving of mishit is my first impression. I hit my long irons very well so this is the hybrid I have been waiting for. More to say later after i compare it with my TM 09 TP Rescue 17 degree. 

I love the new Ping g15 hybrid! I was at Ping last week trying the new stuff and at first glance was thinking, no thanks. My fitter said to at least try them, and wow are they solid and easy to hit. I was hitting them higher, straighter and further than the i15 hybrids....I still thought I wanted the i15, but after sleeping on it and looking at the G again; I decided I could get the 20 and 23 degree with the X flex Serrano shaft. 

No comments:

Post a Comment